Because transitioning a parent into an assisted living community can be a time of stress and conflicting emotions for everyone, at PeachTree Place Assisted Living, we want to help Salt Lake City area families. Let us show you ways to make this relocation as easy as possible for all involved.
Convincing Elderly Parents To Move
Our Salt Lake area assisted living, is a place for seniors to live and thrive. We offer private apartments and an all-inclusive community environment where our residents can quickly discover a sense of community and feel right at home.
But convincing an elderly parent that it’s time to transition to senior living can be a huge challenge for many of us. For this reason, we have created an assisted living community that will allow our residents to maintain a sense of independence while offering the senior care and services that are needed.
- Laundry And Housekeeping Services
- On-Site Staff With 24 Hour Nursing Care
- Satellite Television In Each Apartment
- Handicap & Wheelchair Accessibility
- Private Apartments
- Decorated Like Home
- Pets Welcome
- Meals & Snacks
- Ice Cream Parlor
- On-Site Beauty Salon
- Library On-Site
- Church Services
- Emergency Response
- Hygiene Assistance
- Medication Management
Privacy, Care & Community
With a private apartment space, it’s easy to invite company over or get in your quiet time. Ready to get out and about? We offer so many activities and outings to choose from. You are surrounded by a community full of seniors to socialize. You also have access to help with health or mobility concerns and medication management. It’s the best of both worlds.
Making The Transition Easier
If you are considering moving a parent into an assisted living community, you will want to do everything you can to help make the transition as smooth as possible. We have a few ideas that can help.
- Begin talking about assisted living before you need to make the transition if possible.
- Take a tour of a senior community together. It’s one thing to talk about great senior apartments and another to see them in person.
- Give mom or dad time to adjust. Know that it can take between 3-6 months for new residents to adjust to a senior apartment community.
- Visit often for the first few weeks, or not at all. You likely know your parent well enough to know which will make it easier for them to adjust to their new home.
- Expect setbacks every now and again. Seeing loved ones seem unhappy with their new situation can be hard. Know that it will eventually pass.
- Surround yourself with personal belongings. Bring favorite furnishings and cherished family photos, anything that gives you a sense of home in your new apartment.
- Acknowledge that this is a difficult transition. Some residents adjust rather quickly, but some take a bit longer to acclimate. Understand their fears and concerns can go along way to provide comfort.
Dealing With The Guilt
Moving elderly parents into an assisted living community can cause a lot of guilt for their adult children, especially if that parent is resistant to the change. Try to remember that this is what is best for the health and safety of your aging parent. You want to give your parent the best care possible as they adjust to life with health concerns.
Managing Alzheimer’s care, dementia assistance, bathing and hygiene assistance, managing medications, and medical appointments can be overwhelming on your own. These tasks are always evolving as the health of your parent changes.
Add in other life responsibilities, like jobs and children, and you may find yourself stretched too thin to provide the quality care and supervision that your loved one truly needs to be and feel their best. We have a full staff ready to help. Leave those struggles to is and spend more time visiting with and enjoying your family member during their twilight years.
Your Parent’s New Home
If you are in need of assisted living for mom and dad in Utah, at PeachTree Place Assisted Living, we are happy to show you around our beautiful West Haven community. We are conveniently close to both Salt Lake City and Ogden. Contact us to schedule your tour today.