The transition to assisted living is often difficult, but decorating your apartment can make a huge difference in making your new residence feel more like home. At PeachTree Place Assisted Living Community, we value our residents’ independence, individuality, and emotional well-being, which is why we encourage them to decorate their apartments in a way that speaks to them. We offer unfurnished studio and one-bedroom apartments so that each resident can bring their favorite furniture pieces from home.
Why Choose Assisted Living?
If it’s becoming difficult or unsafe for you to live alone, senior apartments are the best place for you to move into. Unlike traditional nursing homes, one of the major benefits of an assisted living community is that residents have plenty of freedom to decorate their living spaces however they see fit. Moreover, we respect your privacy and independence, so you’ll only receive the amount of care and monitoring that you want or need.
How To Decorate Your Apartment
Decorating an assisted living apartment isn’t difficult, but you do need to keep a few things in mind. Firstly, you’ll want to think about the spatial layout of your apartment to make sure that the furniture will fit. Our studio apartments are approximately 312 square feet, and the one-bedroom units provide around 550 square feet of space. Ideally, you should try to schedule a tour of our apartments in order to devise the optimal interior design plan.
Senior Apartment Decorating Tips
- Bring lots of knick-knacks and wall hangings from home in order to stave off homesickness.
- Hang up plenty of pictures of loved ones.
- Buy some new furniture that will add a touch of color and flair, or bring old furniture from home for a rustic, nostalgic ambiance.
- Bring your favorite pillows, quilts, afghans, and blankets to make your bed and couch as cozy as possible.
- Join our residents’ crochet group to make more blankets and wall hangings while befriending your new neighbors.
- Try to keep your living space organized and clutter-free in order to reduce stress.
- Don’t forget pet beds, scratching posts, and other necessities if a furry friend is moving in alongside you.
Comfortable Assisted Living Apartments Near Ogden, UT
At PeachTree Place Assisted Living Community, we value our residents’ health and happiness above all else. We encourage you to decorate your apartment as you see fit, and our community is also pet friendly. Contact us today for more information or to schedule a tour.