At PeachTree Place Assisted Living Community near Ogden, UT, we can help your loved one stay socially, mentally, and physically active all through their golden years. There are many amazing benefits of an active lifestyle for seniors.
- Increased Socialization – Exercise can be a fun opportunity to spend time with peers. Isolation often leads to feelings of loneliness and depression, especially in older adults, but taking a fitness class, joining a walking group, or playing golf with friends can all help your loved one feel more connected.
- Improved Mood – Exercise releases “feel-good” hormones called endorphins, which can help reduce stress and stave off mood swings, anxiety, and depression.
- Increased Mobility, Dexterity & Strength – Better mobility can translate to a decreased risk of falls. On a related note, regular physical activity boosts bone health and may even reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Improved Cognitive Functioning – Exercise increases blood flow to the brain and promotes cell growth. Studies show that regular physical activity can decrease your loved one’s risk of developing dementia, regardless of when they start the routine. Moreover, staying active is an important component of dementia care and Alzheimer’s care because it can help slow the disease progression.
- Better Sleep Quality – Frequent physical activity is linked to better sleep. If your loved one suffers from insomnia or disrupted sleep patterns, exercising more often may help them get a better night’s rest.
- Longer Lifespan & Better Overall Health – Countless studies show that physical activity lowers the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and strokes. Even low-to-moderate intensity cardio, such as going on daily walks, can significantly benefit your loved one’s overall health.
Staying Active At PeachTree Place Assisted Living Community
Our senior apartments are more than just apartments—they’re home to an active, engaged, and fun-loving community. We offer a wide range of enjoyable and engaging ways for your loved one to stay active.
- Peer Exercise Programs – Exercise is more fun with friends! One of the major benefits of staying active at an assisted living community is that your loved one will be surrounded by peers. This group environment can bolster their sense of interconnectedness, purpose, fulfillment, and happiness.
- Daily Walks – Regular walking is a wonderful, low-impact way of staying healthy while enjoying the fresh air. Our community members enjoy going on daily group walks together.
- Exercise Classes – Fitness classes make it easier to stay accountable and make a habit out of exercise. Many of our residents enjoy participating in our daily fitness routines, including yoga, stretching, sittercise, and more.
- Fun Events & Activities – Fitness is meant to be fun! Our enthusiastic, lively activity coordinators incorporate tons of entertainment, humor, and music into our fitness events and gatherings.
- Off-Site Trips – Life at PeachTree Place Assisted Living Community is far from confining or monotonous. Our residents can stay socially active within the greater Ogden community by taking our activity bus to restaurants, parks, sporting events, concerts, and various fun venues.
Active Body, Active Mind
At PeachTree Place Assisted Living Community, we don’t just promote physical activity—our on-site library, book club, arts and crafts, puzzles, bingo, and musical events are all great opportunities for your loved one to stay mentally active and engaged. Scientific research shows that the brain is like a muscle and that it can be strengthened through consistent mental stimulation.
Reading, writing, playing musical instruments, and using fine motor skills help boost cognition, memory, and psychological health, and may even reduce your loved one’s risk of developing Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Luxury Assisted Living Apartments In Utah
At PeachTree Place Assisted Living Community, we view independent living, warmth, and community engagement as vital to senior care, and these values are reflected in everything we offer. The opportunity to be more active physically, mentally, and socially is just one of the many benefits of assisted living. Call today to schedule a tour of our community and learn more.